PROCEDURES TO GET SERVICE
(a) Procedure to be followed for obtaining Learners Licence:
The persons who intend to get Learners Licence must apply in Form 2 along with the documents mentioned below and fees of Rs.30/- for each class of vehicle. The applicant will have to appear in person for a preliminary test.
Test: Preliminary written test will be conducted in
this department from
to and 2.30 p.m to 4.30 p.m. for a duration of 30 minutes for each batch. The question paper contains the objective type questions relating to traffic signs, traffic rules and regulation. The result of the test will be exhibited in the notice-board on the next day and successful candidates can get the learners Licence.
For driving motorcycle without gear the applicant must have completed 16 years. In case of the applicant applying for Learners Licence between the age of 16 between 18 then the Parent or Guardian should sign giving their consent in Form-2 before the Licensing Authority/Assistant Licensing Authority;
For other vehicles, applicant must have completed 18 years;
For driving Transport vehicles applicant should have completed 20 years;
After 30 days of obtaining Learners Licence, they can apply for permanent Driving Licence;
Preliminary test is exempted, if he is already possessing Learners Licence or permanent licence. But he has to appear before the Authority with proof of documents in original;
Medical Certificate is necessary for the persons who have completed 50 years of age.
Medical certificate is necessary for the persons applying for transport vehicles such as Bus, Lorry and Taxi etc.
Documents to be enclosed with Form 2 ( Attested zerox copies)
(1) Recent photograph of passport size 1 for each class of vehicle for office use. (Apart from one affixed in application Form-2.)
(2) Residence proof (Elector's Photo I.D. card/ Passport etc).
(3) Age proof (Birth Certificate/School Certificate/College Certificate)(4) Nationality Certificate.
(5) Medical Fitness Certificate in Form 1 and 1A (In case of Transport vehicle and applicants completed 50 years of age)
(6) The applicant shall enclose self addressed stamp envelope of Rs. 12 or Rs. 25 (as applicable) for speed post delivery.